Rolfing SI® works to free up places where the body is restricted or bound up due to the stresses of daily life, poor body mechanics, or old injuries. Rolfing SI® sees the body as a seamless network of tissues rather than separate parts. Rolfer, Chelsea Heath, works on that network of connective tissue to release and realign the body which can help resolve discomfort, reduce physical compensations and alleviate pain leaving you more flexible, energetic and feeling more comfortable in your body. Frequently Asked Questions about Rolfing SI®.
Benefits of Rolfing SI®
Rolfing SI® has the ability to alter your posture and structure, helping your body be more balanced in gravity.
Improve performance of athletes and dancers.
Resolve chronic pain and old injuries.
Increases the comfort and ease in your body, and how you move as you go about your daily activities.
Improves posture and sense of “uprightness”.
Helps with aging aches and pains and general wear and tear of daily living.
The 10 Series
When the ten series was developed, it was a way to systematically restructure the body. The series gives our body the opportunity to find the best structural balance and ensure that it lasts. In the 10 series we are addressing underlying issues that cause dysfunction in our body, by doing this layer by layer, we are able to sustain the work in our body for long periods of time. If you are unsure if you would like to receive all 10, starting with sessions 1-3 will give you a good taste of the work, and you will be able to decide if you would like to continue.
- The first session’s goal is to systematically release the body’s stocking- the fascial sheath that lies just below the skin’s surface., and increasing your breath.
- The second Rolfing SI® session centers around the legs and especially the feet.
- The third Rolfing SI® session is an integrating one; it ties the first two sessions together.
- The fourth Rolfing SI® session establishes an inner pillar from which the limbs can be hung.
- During the fifth session, the Rolfer® slowly lengthens and separates the outer structures to allow room for the inner structures to assert their strength.
- In the sixth session, symmetry is enhanced and extended above and below the pelvic girdle.
- The work of the seventh session is directed entirely toward the balancing of the neck and head on the spine.
- For sessions eight, nine, and ten, some work will be done with the client sitting or standing, because the relationship of a particular body part to gravity is the most important goal of these last three sessions.
One of the great benefits of Rolfing SI®. is that the body does not forget the information and changes. You are remapping your body and the muscle memory which had lasting benefits for years to come.
Research shows that Rolfing SI® significantly reduces chronic stress and makes changes in the body structure. For example, a study showed that Rolfing SI® significantly reduced the spinal curvature of subjects with lordosis (sway back); it also showed that Rolfing SI® enhances neurological functioning.
$130 per session. A 15% discount is given if you prepay for a 10 series by your third appointment.
Insurance benefits for massage also cover Rolfing SI®. We can check your insurance coverage for you.
What to wear
Women– a bra top and full cut underwear or a swim bikini. Please do not wear razorback or underwire bras which make it hard to access the tissue.
Men– a snug pair of boxer briefs or looser shorts.
“As a massage therapist I received a lot of bodywork to keep my own body flexible. One of the most profound modalities I have had recently received is Rolfing SI® with Chelsea. I had, up until now, avoided Rolfing SI® because of the reputation it had of being extremely deep and painful. Not so! Chelsea gauges the resistance level and works well within your body’s boundaries. With the 10 session series, I have noticed the ease in which my shoulders roll back from their former forward position. My arms move more as a unit while I work; my joints seem more supported. A good posture is easier to maintain… Very pleased with the work. I plan to continue.” Elena Amodeo LMT CST
“Embarking on the Ten Series of Rolfing® SI with Chelsea Heath has been a wonderful journey. She is proficient with her skills, and most importantly, able to communicate the process in such a way that I understand why we’re doing each session, what to expect during each session, and what can happen after each session. I’ve seen incredible changes for the better with each appointment. I highly recommend Ms. Heath for her very personable and professional skills.” Stacy Rathbun, Accountant, Dancer & Writer, Eugene OR